Committee Mission Statement:
- Aida Abkarians
- Kent Mariconda
- Saifuddin Mogri
- Alejandro Phillips
- Steve Randall
- Myrl Schreibman
- Joan Trent
- Brad Vanderhoof
"The mission of the WHNC Homeless Committee is to inform and educate the stakeholders of West Hills on the issues of homelessness issues in the West San Fernando Valley, connect those experiencing homelessness to resources, and advocate for the effective use of government resources to contend with the problem of homelessness in the area."
To view the Committee Operating Rules CLICK HERE
Videos of Committee Meetings
May 2022 partial
August 16, 2021
July 19, 2021
Committee News & Updates:
Results from the 2019 Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count
To see the results for Council District 12 CLICK HERE
To see all the count results from LASHA CLICK HERE
Homlessness Initiative Information
COVID-19 Homeless Recovery Plan June 2020 CLICK HERE
Project Roomkey June 2020 CLICK HERE
LACDMH STRATEGIC PLAN 2020-2030
TRANSFORMING THE LOS ANGELES COUNTY MENTAL HEALTH SYSTEM CLICK HERE
Supportive Housing Information -- coming soon...
CAO Comprehensive Homeless Strategy CLICK HERE
LA City Comprehensive Homeless Strategy CLICK HERE
Safe parking LA CLICK HERE
Press Release: Measure H Funding 5/15/2018 CLICK HERE
2018 Homeless Count sponsored by WHNC -- see photos and read stories here
- Complete 2018 Homeless Count and Presentation CLICK HERE
- 2017 LA Homeless Count
- Homeless Count by City Community CLICK HERE
- WHNC letter to elected officials requesting immediate establishment of emergency shelters and safe parking areas in the West San Fernando Valley. To view the letter CLICK HERE
Resources for the Homeless:
LA-HOP Homeless Outreach Portal June 2020 CLICK HERE
Whom Do I Call If I Am Experiencing Homelessness in the San Fernando Valley?
Youth 12 to 25 years – Village Family Services 818-755-8786
Families with Children – 211 or LA Family Housing 818-982-4091
To request aid for individuals Experiencing Homelessness:
LA-Hop – Request outreach services from LAHSA CLICK HERE
For all Social Services in relationship to Homelessness Call 211
For all Homelessness related Life Threating Emergenices Call 911
For City of Los Angeles Service Requests, call 311 ( or Dial (213) 473-3231) or CLICK HERE
- Valley Homelessness Resources Guide & Services CLICK HERE
- Community Resource List from mendpoverty.org (comprehensive) CLICK HERE
- Mendpoverty Homepage CLICK HERE
- HopeMill SFV Resource Guide CLICK HERE
- West Valley Food Pantry CLICK HERE
- Located in Woodland Hills at 5700 Rudnick Avenue, Woodland Hills on the Prince of Peace Episcopal Church campus, the West San Fernando Valley Food Pantry provides emergency food to the needy and homeless.
For Substance Abuse Issues and Information
Meetings (Agendas, Minutes, Documents)
→ View Calendar
Subscribe to Neighborhood Councils Agendas | City of Los Angeles (lacity.gov)
The public is invited to attend all meetings.
Find out what's happening in West Hills.
View our neighborhood council boundaries for which we deal with.